Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reactions To Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Reactions To Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

My reactions to IPD:

I tried to make sense of the Inauguration. Preparation, build of energy, and destruction are the main focus of Anger's film. All three generalize the film's outline, however, I'm not sure how to decipher Anger's meaning he is trying to convey. Yes, the film is VERY colorful. From my understanding they are at a masquerade party that everyone was looking forward to. I also felt that everyone had a certain role they play in each other's world, but what they are I'm not sure. I thought there was the role of the King, or main God (if including multiple deities) and the servants. When they were drinking the wine (I'm assuming it wasn't water), the cups in front of their face made me think of masks themselves. Especially when other characters were seen over 30 times taking off their mask. It was as if pulling the cup down was taking off their mask. The blonde guy had women all over him, and he was initially pulling away in a teasing way, like "ladies...ladies..please" But then later as he pulled away, his facial reactions and body movements appeared that he was sincere about wanting to flee for safety. The devil was the initial character (the king who ate the jewels). He waved his long nails in pleasure as he saw the acts of drinking and sex become rampid. The ending made me feel these characters were slap drunk out of their mind, but having a great time, but with an evil ending lurking around the corner. The blonde with the harem of women, juxtaposed with the evil leader, along with the red backdrop of what looks hundreds of people scrambling around, only makes me feel like they were in a type of Christian hell, doing things "christians" would feel be inappropriate. Prior to that, the whole movie made me think of having a party in Sodom and Gomorrah. lol. They had a great time, for a few minutes I think they looked a little worried, but then went back to having fun, or maybe they were just remembering what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment